Feb 25th @ 9:06 am in News by Scott Staley
Gunnison County Sheriff’s Office Press Release
****If a defendant is charged with a crime in any of the following incidents, it should be emphasized that the charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty***
February 25, 2013
1. 02/14/13, North District officers were dispatched to an address within Somerset for a report of domestic violence. Investigation revealed no consistent recollection by the involvements and the district attorney advised that the case would be non-prosecutable.
2. 02/20/13, officers assisted the Gunnison Police with an oversized party near the 500-block of North 14th Street.
3. 02/20/13, officers summoned an ambulance to Gunnison Public Safety Center for an inmate who had fallen out of bed and suffered a laceration to his head.
4. 02/22/13, officers assisted the Gunnison Police with a possible domestic violence circumstance within the Gunnison City limits.
5. 02/22/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a three-vehicle accident near the 196 Mark of Highway 50.
6. 02/22/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a single vehicle accident near the 190 mile-mark of Highway 50.
7. 02/22/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a semi tractor rollover near the 186 mile-mark of Highway 50.
8. 02/23/13, officers assisted the Colorado State patrol with other multiple accidents east of Gunnison.
9. 02/23/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with an “irate” driver who had slid off the highway near Sargents.
10. 02/23/13, officers assisted the Colorado state Patrol with a vehicle that had slid off the highway near the 186 mile-mark of Highway 50.
11. 02/23/13, officers received a report concerning a juvenile runaway from the Almont area. Case remains open.
12. 02/23/13, officers responded to a single vehicle accident near the 9-mile marker of Highway 135.
13. 02/24/13, officers received a report concerning a vehicle theft. Investigations revealed that the issue was civil and not criminal.
14. 02/24/13, officers responded to a reported single vehicle accident near the 6-mile mark of Highway 135. *No injuries or damage.
15. 02/24/13, officers responded to the 8-mile marker of Highway 135 for a car vs. deer accident.
16. 02/24/13, officers conducted a welfare assessment at a residence near County Road 11 (Ponderosa Pine Subdivision). The individual of concern was contacted and discovered to be fine.
February 19, 2013
1. 02/05/13, North District officers investigated a reported suicidal female near Somerset. Concern was unfounded; possible false reporting charges may be considered for an out-of-state reporting party.
2. 02/07/13, North District officers responded a two-car accident on McClure Pass involving many injuries.
3. 02/08/13, officers responded to an address near County Road 51 (Old City Dump Road) for a loud party complaint.
4. 02/08/13, officers received a reported theft from a business within Almont.
5. 02/11/13, officers responded to a “horrific odor” report in the Tomichi Trail area. Officers found that the aroma was casted by a skunk.
6. 02/11/13, officers were dispatched to a possible gas leak at a residence near County Road 730 (Ohio Creek Road).
7. 02/11/13, officers received a report concerning a possible stolen vehicle – investigations revealed that the car had been loaned to some friends and was being returned; thus, the case is civil in nature.
8. 02/11/13, officers received a report concerning a possible sexual assault at a county location. Case continues to be investigated.
9. 02/11/13, officers assisted the Gunnison Police with a suicidal male at an address on North 12th Street.
10. 02/11/13, officers assisted the Gunnison Police with a party located on North Colorado Street possibly involving underage drinking. During the assist it was discovered that a 16-year-old Gunnison County runaway was present. The juvenile was secured and delivered to her parents.
11. 02/11/13, officers were dispatched to an address near Almont for a suicidal female. The female was transported to the Gunnison Valley hospital and after the effects of alcohol has worn off; a mental heath assessment will be conducted.
12. 02/12/13, officers received a report concerning an unauthorized use of a credit device. The victim lives near County Road 48.
13. 02/12/13, officers responded to Renegade Road for a possible single vehicle accident; car had just slid off the road and there was no citation issued.
14. 02/12/13, officers responded to an address near Aspen Trail for a medical call concerning a 75-year-old female who had fallen.
15. 02/12/13, officers assisted the Gunnison Police with a disturbance that occurred near 7th Street and New York Avenue.
16. 02/13/13, officers assisted in locating a missing 16-year-old female out of Almont. Subject had just not returned home when she was supposed to.
17. 02/15/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a one car rollover near the 191-mile mark of Highway 50.
18. 02/15/13, officers received a complaint about “harassment texting.” The suspect was contacted and agreed to stop – complainant did not want to press charges.
19. 02/16/13, officers received a report of a snowmobile rider operating the machine in a “reckless manner.” Officers were unable to make contact with the operator.
20. 02/16/13, officers were dispatched to a hay field fire near Highway 50. The blaze was small and officers were able to put it out. It is unknown what started the blaze.
21. 02/16/13, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a warranted arrest.
22. 02/17/13, officers attempted to serve a warrant at an address near the 600-block West New York Avenue within Gunnison. While making the attempt they received resistance from the occupants of that residence. Subsequently, a 21-year-old male was arrested on four Gunnison County warrants with additional charges of probation violation and obstructing police operations; total bond = $5,500. An 18-year-old male was also arrested on the charge of probation violation and obstructing police operations as well as, a 20-year-old female was cited for obstructing police operations.