Delta-Montrose Technical College invites the public to attend the 2013 College, Career, and Business Expo at DMTC on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. This year’s Expo has a three-fold goal: 1) to introduce local high school students to the many options available to train for a career including career and technical training, community college, military, and university programs, 2) to give high school students and adults an opportunity to explore the many career options available through our school and in the community, and 3) to give businesses a forum for recruiting potential employees and future customers.
There will be a number of things taking place on May 1 to support their goal.
- Representatives will be at DMTC from colleges and universities throughout Colorado
- Juniors and seniors will be at DMTC from many of the local high schools
- Campus tours
- Massage students will give chair massages
- Cosmetology students will do demos in hair styling, facials, and nails
- Demo of 3-D printer and engraver
- Experts will give how to workshops on education and career-related topics
- Businesses will be recruiting potential employees
- Live broadcast by 94 KIX KKXK
Invitations have already gone out to high schools, colleges, universities, and a number of businesses inviting them to participate in the Expo. Additional participants are welcome. There is no charge for participation in the 2013 College, Career, and Business Expo, but spaces are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. . For information or to reserve a space contact Melanie Gray by email at email@example.com or call 970-874-7671 and leave her a message.
The Expo is sponsored by DMTC, News Channel 5, Cherry Creek Radio, Altrusa of Delta, Meadow Gold/Dean Foods Corporation, Pepsi Bottling, Coca Cola Bottling, WalMart, Colorado Workforce Centers of Montrose and Delta, and other local businesses. A complete list of sponsors will be available at the Expo.
Delta-Montrose Technical College is a public career and technical college in Delta, Colorado. It offers 57 secondary and postsecondary certificates in 12 different programs. All certificates can be earned in two semesters or less, with many of them only one semester in length.