Gunnison County Sheriff’s Office
****If a defendant is charged with a crime in any of the following incidents, it should be emphasized that the charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty***
April 18, 2011
1. 04/09/11, officers assisted the Gunnison Police Department and EMS with a reported unconscious female near the 1000-block West Tomichi Avenue.
2. 04/10/11, officers assisted the Gunnison Police Department with a reported fight in progress near the 200-block North Wisconsin.
3. 04/10/11, officers and EMS responded to an apartment west of Gunnison for a medical issue concerning a 68-year-old female.
4. 04/11/11, officers were called to a gas station near the west end of Gunnison in relationship to a stolen dirt bike that was located by the owner. Gunnison Police Officers assisted the Gunnison Sheriff’s Officers in arresting an 18-year-old Gunnison male in relationship to possession of stolen property.
5. 04/11/11, officers assisted the Gunnison Police Department with collecting evidence concerning a crime that took place within the city – case is still under their investigations.
6. 04/12/11, officers were dispatched to a domestic conflict at a residence approximately 3 miles north – no criminal act had taken place.
7. 04/12/11, officers conducted a civil assist at a residence approximately three miles north of Gunnison.
8. 04/13/11, officers responded to an address near Highway 149 concerning a possible Domestic issue. Although the parties were in an argument, no criminal laws were broken.
9. 04/13/11, officers received a pair of girl’s glasses that were reportedly found near Blue Mesa Reservoir.
10. 04/14/11, at approximately 1:00 am, officers, fire, and EMS responded to 1366 County Road 17 regarding a structure fire. The home was a complete loss; there is was no indications that this fire is criminal in nature. There were no injuries.
11. 04/14/11, officers arrested a 21-year-old Gunnison male on a probation violation. The female tested positive for meth at the probation office. There is a no bond for this violation.
12. 04/14/11, officers were contacted about the remains of a dog near the White Water Treatment Plant. Investigations revealed that the animal had been deceased for several months.
13. 04/14/11, officers were given a found billfold that had been discovered near County Road 17 – the rightful owner was contacted and the item returned.
14. 04/14/11, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a one-car rollover one mile east of Gunnison.
15. 04/16/11, officers were dispatched to an address near Highway 149 (Lake City Highway) for a possible Domestic in progress. Investigations revealed that although there were extreme differences in opinion, no criminal act had take place.
16. 04/16/11, officers received a report of Burglary at a residence near Fairway Lane. Case is under investigation.
17. 04/16/11, officers arrested a 23-year-old male at a residence near County Road 11, on a Contempt of Court warrant; Logan County Court. Bond was set at $500.
18. 04/17/11, officers received a report concerning a “renegade” dog which continues to wander in the Sandpiper Trail area. The complainant did not wish to sign a complaint.
April 11, 2011
1. 04/02/11, officers received a report concerning a lost jacket with medication in the pockets, near the Roaring Judy area.
2. 04/02/11, officers assisted a lost motorist that was stuck in a restricted area of County Road 12.
3. 04/02/11, officers assisted the Delta County Sheriff’s Office and Fire with a structure fire.
4. 04/03/11, officers received a report concerning a skate boarder drafting off of a truck north of Gunnison. Officers checked all trucks south bound on Highway 135 and did not locate a “cling-on.” The officers also checked the ditches along the roadway just in case.
5. 04/04/11, officers received a report concerning a scam bill that was received in the mail. Officers were aware that this letter was passed throughout Colorado. The scam was even featured on the major television networks.
6. 04/05/11, officers received a report of theft from a resident near the intersection of Highway 135 and County Road 10. Officers are working on leads.
7. 04/0-5/11, officers received a report concerning a burglary at a residence near County Road 10 – case continues to be investigated.
8. 04/05/11, officers conducted a civil assist concerning an eviction at a residence near Cottonwood Trail.
9. 04/05/11, officers conducted a civil assist concerning an eviction at a residence near the 400-block North Main Street.
10. 04/05/11, officers responded north of Gunnison for a non-registered bond fire – a notice was extended.
11. 04/05/11, officers were notified that a reported stolen hand gun had been found and was not missing after all – had just been misplaced.
12. 04/06/11, officers assisted the Colorado State Patrol with a pre-detention arrestee at the Gunnison Valley Hospital. The individual was becoming potentially combative.
13. 04/06/11, officers assisted the Mount Crested Butte Police Department and the Gunnison Valley Ambulance Service with a medical emergency.
14. 04/06/11, officers arrested a 39-year-old Grand Junction female by direction of the District Court Judge for a drug test. The female was later released on a $15,000 personal recognizance bond.
15. 04/07/11, officers received a report concerning identity theft from a resident west of Gunnison.
16. 04/07/11, officers received found marijuana paraphernalia that was found by a citizen.
17. 04/07/11, officers processed an abandoned camp site west of Gunnison. Several personal items were taken into possession. Case is still being investigated.
18. 04/09/11, officers and Fire were dispatched approximately 4 miles north on County Road 730 (Ohio Creek Road) for a pasture fire. Investigations indicated that a dirt covered slash pile had been fired several days ago and the current fire apparently ignited from dormant embers. The fire was put out with approximately 4 acres burned and with no monetary damages. The original fire was registered.
19. 04/10/11, officers were dispatched to an address north of Gunnison concerning a domestic theft issue. Investigations did not supply sufficient evidence that a crime had taken place.